Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Almost Winners?

Today the Annual Sydney High Prefects Binball Match of Death occurred at lunchtime at the boys’ school. My being incredibly coordinated resulted in falling over twice (once with spectacular windmill arms right onto my bum, the other was a scramble that left me having fallen on my face with a strained wrist.)

Then I shook hands with Amebrain and that was when the pain shot through my wrist (right hand, of course), and I ended up sort of on the floor, but I didn’t cry! Proud? You ought to be.

Anyway, so we lost – two games to one when it was girls vs. boys (although Lish had to steal the bin and bring it into our half of the court for us to win) and two games to nothing when it was Whites vs. Asians.

Now this may make us sound like horrible people. Racial segregation is really not something I personally advocate. But it’s okay at Sydney High because everyone is so not racist that it doesn’t matter. It’s racist to be embarrassed by race, you know? Don’t hate me.

I’m on the bus now heading home and there’s this sweet old Chinese woman with her friend, I’m pretty sure they’re tourists because the one next to the window (I’ll call her Leopard Print Hair Clip) has her digital camera out and is taking pictures of my bus route. Isn’t that supremely gorgeous? To think that this route, which is to me the same old Parramatta Road, boring and ugly and uninspiring, is to someone else worthy of photo taking, is beautiful and new and exciting, just makes me incredibly happy. I sometimes try to think that way, as though everything I see is new, like I’m a tourist in my own city, just like Leopard Print Hair Clip. Then, every day is an adventure.

I sound like Peter Pan.

MAN ON MY BUS THAT LOOKS LIKE RORY (Doctor Who Rory, that is).

He just got off. L

Alright well I’m going now, I’m not almost home really but I’m tired, and napping on buses is a thing I do all the time.

Love you like almost being triumphant at binball today.



x

No comments:

Post a Comment