Wednesday, January 11, 2012

My Watch is Slow

Slow, not fast, mind you. My guitar is also pretty perfect in terms of being tuned. But this is not the point of the story.

2011. I forgot to do a beautiful, reminscing post about 2011. Sorry.

It was, without a doubt, the best year of my life. Yeah, it involved a lot of long hours in the study or the library that I certainly complained about, and a lot of awkward moments during which I wanted to sprint as fast as possible in the opposite direction, find a particularly hard surface and bash my head against it repeatedly. But I (cliche cliche cliche cliche) wouldn't change any of my experiences for a million dollars and a glass of lemon juice. Except maybe to get a few more marks in my external French paper.

2011 meant for me:

- Long hours in the common room discussing everything from Schoolies plans that never eventuated to Francisco I-Can't-Spell-His-Surname the beautiful effeminate model to politics and history and philosophy. Plus removing the stuffing from a giant soft-toy style dummy from the drama storeroom and refilling it with Latian, and throwing the naked baby doll Johnny at juniors in the corridor.

- Becoming super close to my High girls, who I love more than Tasmanian Double Brie and wish every happiness on each and every one of their beautiful, intelligent and stupendously attractive selves.

- Making many new and equally wonderful friends, a few of whom I feel as though I've known a lot longer than a few months.

- Success in my final year of high school academically, as in, achieving the goal I set for myself by quite a large margin.

- Being able to use my not-very-extensive life experience to help others.

- Forgiving someone after six years of having a sort of consuming hatred; it is such a liberating feeling, if you're holding a grudge against someone as of this moment I strongly recommend you forgive them. Do itttt. :)

- Blogging, time capsule and diary writing, generally making sure my last hoorah at secondary education was well-documented.

- A large amount of incredible contentment due to spending hours procrastinating or having spontaneous adventures with the people I truly truly love, even if sometimes we just can't figure out what to do with ourselves.

Oh, I have to say it just one more time. I am the luckiest person alive to have the people I have around me. You're all quite wonderful people.

So 2012? It's going to be scary, I know that. This is because I'm not doing what everyone else is doing and going straight to uni. I'm jumping into thin air, managing my whole life, becoming independent and travelling. I hope to work hard, keep in touch with all my lovely friends doing spontaneous things still (which I will never tire of), learn a lot, teach a lot and get to this point next year proud of myself and ready to start university.

Perhaps maybe also know what I want to do with my life.

I also hope the world doesn't end before then. I have big plans, world. I hope you do too.

Love you, and I mean it, like hope in general. Urgh how sentimental :P

No comments:

Post a Comment