Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Poetic Thoughts #6

It’s been a while. Please forgive me. I’ve been doing an awful lot of things like applying for and not getting jobs, tutoring a bajillion kids, organising flights and travel insurance and visas and vaccinations and itineraries for my trip to South America at the end of the year and doing many, many chores as punishment for … being spontaneous.

There’s nothing quite like being spontaneous though. I’m able to because I’m still a kid. I think my parents are jealous.

So. Sorry. Poetry time. Love you like the ocean.

*
I weave lies like a spider’s web and they stretch across the space between us
Blur your vision, colour it, so you can’t see me
And it’s beautiful, so delicate, full of good intentions
Canvassing the connections, and eaten by the sea.

I took a green and purple scarf to tie us apart
Trying to be perfect but there’s nothing but the deep
And it’s so dark and you’re so fragile and it all fades together
We won’t be able to yell out as we’re eaten by the sea.

Have you ever stayed cold for an entire night?
My hair was in a ponytail so it couldn’t dry
And the sea salt painted on me made my skin feel so tight
But oh it was so lovely being eaten by the sea.
*
(regrets are for losers.)

x

No comments:

Post a Comment