Sunday, August 19, 2012

Paolo the Waiter

Last night I went out for a lovely dinner with a friend of mine from primary school and we had Turkish food and prayed we wouldn’t be picked on by the belly dancer and promised to go karaoke sometime at the place on George Street that also sells green tea soft-serve ice cream, you know the one?
Anyway, there was this waiter. Big cheesy grin and an accent and always said, “It’s my pleee-zurrrrre” when giving me cutlery. I called him Paolo the Waiter because he looked almost exactly like the love interest in the Lizzie McGuire Movie. See:
 
Ahh anyway lots of nostalgia for Lizzie McGuire. But I was pretty interested to see where Paolo – the real Paolo – is today. So it’s time for a special “WHERE ARE THEY NOW” blogpost.
Paolo, aka Yani Gellman, is actually still a proper actor and stuff! Eight years on from acting the villain in Lizzie McGuire and he’s still going strong, currently on such gems of television as 90210 and Pretty Little Liars. AND OH MY GOD, HE WAS IN ANIMORPHS! Remember that TV show? I didn’t like it much, but I used to think the main girl with the blonde hair was really pretty.
And just for some extra cute information, he lived in Australia once, and he can speak Spanish. Mucho gusto, Yani Gellman, mucho gusto.
(I’m learning Spanish now. I realised when dancing with two guys from Barcelona at the Hyde Park fountain that I can’t actually speak or understand it with any confidence at all. But you know sixteen days til Ecuador.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment