Thursday, August 9, 2012

Latvia

Hey! Remember me? I barely do, but apparently this is a thing I used to do once whilst being slowly drowned in the cesspool of the HSC.
Best year of my life, by the way.
Anyway I needed to find a hyperlink that I had on some old post and I opened up the blog menu thingo and there were 22 random page views from someone in Latvia.
Latvia? I said. Latvia? That’s really something.
So, dear person from Latvia ... dear Latvian.
SVEIKI! Here are some things that I think are cool about your country:
1.       56% of your land area is covered by forests. Did you know that? This means you are the 4th most foresty country in Europe (Sweden beats you), which is pretty damn cool.
2.       Your currency is Lats. Wow. That’d be like us buying a Chiko roll and fizzy drink with a five Ozzie note. (I’ve never had a Chiko roll. I might even have misspelled it. It just sounded like something one might buy with an Ozzie.)
3.      There are 159 species of non-marine molluscs in your wonderful country alone. I don’t really know what that means, but there’s an entire Wiki page on the topic.
4.      YOU’RE RIGHT NEXT DOOR TO SWEDEN. Lucky duck.
Anyway, I hope you learnt some stuff about Latvia, my darling Latvian. I did.
Just casually, just being cajjjj and all that, Australia is beating Serbia in the men’s waterpolo. So far. Which reminds me.
Some beautiful things I’ve seen watching the Olympics:
1.       The Australian men’s waterpolo team, just in general.
2.       The awesome way the artistic gymnastics competitors always give each other high fives after they finish a section of the course. It’s really cute.
3.      Trampolining. Just ... wow.

So, I’m off to Ecuador in significantly less than a month. Well, four days less than a month, but who’s counting? Think I might do some more blogging until then, I kinda miss it. Also, I’m going to be one of the Blogger Officiales de Ecuador GBK Sept'2012. I’ll offer you some link or other if you wish to read some adventures of mine on the other side of the world. The other side of the world, guys! It’s too exciting.
                Love you all, especially my darling Latvian, who is accidentally responsible for my starting this thing again. Awkies if you miss-clicked or something. But paldies anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment