Monday, June 27, 2011

Happiness in General and Poetic Thoughts #5

I’m happy – despite no longer coming first in modern L -- and it’s because I have very nearly finished my extension two draft (it needs editing, but I’ve only got a few more words to write write and then I’m GOOD), and I’ve helped Jermione finish the year 12 Chronicle report and it’s lovely, I think, and I had chocolate ice cream for dessert with bits of raspberry liquorice cut up in it. I came up with that idea myself. (I had to spend a long time thinking of how to spell liquorice and dessert. Both are difficult words to spell. I used to be so good at spelling too. It’s a real shame.)

Trials are scary – we got our timetable and I have Modern (three hours) and Drama (90 mins) on the same day – although I know people with six hours of exams on one day so I really can’t complain. Plus no one really cares about drama theory ... I think :S so that’s nice.

Also, it’s almost holidays – sorry, I meant “holidays” because these holidays are going to be pretty full of work. You should see the timetable I drew up though, it’s so pretty and organise-y. Purple for fun, blue for school-related excursions, green for study, pink for homework, and yellow for other. It’s sort of beautiful. And when I can’t decide whether something is fun or a school-related excursion (such as Kate and Chloe and me having a GP day sometime) I’m going to do a multi-coloured swirl.

So, a poem for you because I’m happy, and because I’ve officially titled this post “Happiness in general and Poetic Thoughts #5”:

Wishful Thinking

I wish I were my dog, her name is Maude.
She sleeps all day.
Sometimes she goes for walks.
Sometimes she eats.
But mainly she sleeps.
I would be Maude and I would sleep all day and eat sometimes and walk sometimes and I would get really really fat.
But I wouldn’t mind.
Because I would be a dog.


(I don't believe you are, as of yet, acquainted with Maudie. This is she, in younger, cuter days. Just kidding, she's still adorable of course.)

No comments:

Post a Comment