Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Exams and Auditions and Ferries and Manuscripts and PACKAGES

First exam today – English Advanced. Those rascally teachers, making out the question to be something impossible. Not that hard, just saying. Still, my thesis was rubbish. Fitzgerald is hopeless and EBB is hopeful? I’m going to bury my head in a hole. LIKE AN EMU. Um anyway.

I’m going to audition for a part in a film. That’s some news. Actually not really, seeing as I haven’t actually done it yet. But I’m going to, so wish me luck, or something. J

Went on a ferry to my friend Bec’s apartment the other day. Wish I could catch a ferry to my house. Ferries are actually the most amazing thing, half an hour on the deck, wind whipped hair red cheeks waving and blowing kisses to other ferry-catchers. Arrived at her pretty amazing apartment. Watched Dance Academy and ate popcorn and drank cordial because we’re still five at heart. It’s the best way to be.

Oh and whilst procrastinating I was thinking why I started blogging, and I remembered that about this time last year I was writing a manuscript ... remember that? Ah the good ol’ days. Then I hid it from my page because I was so embarrassed by its terribleness and you know what, for a first attempt, it wasn’t too bad, you know? So once this HSC thing is all over, I’m going to finish it. Yeah. Even if I did lose my USB with a bajillion scenes on it. And even though I don't particularly want to write some of the scenes. I SHALL, and I shall feel superhuman for finishing something for once.

So excited, I got a package in the mail today, isn’t it so exciting when you get a package? It’s The Poetics of Space (the classic look at how we experience intimate places) by Gaston Bachelard, I’m so pumped to read it YAY. So I’m going to do that now.

Love you as much as if you were stuffed into a yellow envelope, addressed and stamped and sealed and put in my letter box.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment