Sunday, June 26, 2011

How to keep warm

Something bad about being me = my very low coldness threshold. I can’t do cold. It’s uncomfortable. The Sydney winter’s air, which is still about 10 degrees so it’s not too cold I suppose, comes in through my bedroom window and freezes my hands when I try to type. If you live in Sydney, chances are you also have a low coldness threshold because the weather is usually balmy and amazing. Here are some methods (quite daggy) that I use when about to die of coldness.

1.       So I’m really cold and I’m drinking green tea to warm me but it’s not doing the best job so I just stick my fingers in it and then put it all over my face. Now my face is warm but smells like green tea. What of it.
2.       Socks, a beanie, a scarf, a sweater, a skivvy, two pairs of long-johns and gloves.
3.      Stick your hands under your laptop/computer. Works every time.
4.      The old primary school method – breathe on hands. Rub together to create friction and thus warmth. Then pull down jumper sleeves and tuck one sleeve into the other.
5.      Iron your pyjamas before you wear them. Yummm.
6.      Get out your sleeping bag and wear it constantly. (I’ve always had this dream about having an electric sleeping bag and you plug it in and it’s oh-so-cosy. Someone should invent one of these. P.S. I want this sleeping bag: (yes, I found a video about it)


After following these steps, you’ll find yourself not only cosy-warm, but also disarmingly HOT(double entendre intended).

However, if you’re like me and way too lazy to actually do any of these things (except the tea one, because I have tea right next to me and my mum made it for me), then simply try imagining them. You’ll be amazed at the power of imagination – wow that sounds like an ad for The Secret. And I just actually spent half an hour researching sleeping bags on that Valandre website, oh my gosh, I can’t find how much they cost, but I will save to buy one I just want to sleep in one of those every single night J

Oh, and whatever you do:

DON’T PUT CLOTHES IN THE MICROWAVE.

Love you like sleeping bags.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment