Thursday, October 13, 2011

My HSC Inspiration

I HAVE AN IDEA FOR A CAKE.
I invented it myself.
I really did.
It is called the Six Band Cake.
It has six layers to represent each of the bands that I am going to get.
Also, each of the subjects I want to get band six in:
MODERN
FRENCH
DRAMA
ENGLISH ADVANCED
ENGLISH EXTENSION
ENGLISH EXTENSION TWO
The Modern layer will be chocolate to represent the mud in the trenches during WWI.
The French layer will be blueberry because blue is one of the colours of the French flag, did you know this?
The Drama layer will be rainbow because drama is craaaaaaazy.
The English Advanced layer will be a simple sponge because Advanced is boring.
English Extension will be raspberry because red is the colour of communism and people feared that after the bomb etc.
English Extension Two will be chocolate again because I like chocolate and English Extension Two is all about doing what you like. Just saying.
Each layer will be separated by whipped cream and a thin layer of toffee (so it crunches, not so your teeth break when you bite it) to represent the hard stuff during the HSC, like exams, and the soft, fluffy bits of the HSC, like the common room and, you know, not exams.
It will be topped by a mixed-berry-and-chocolate-cream goo not for any particular symbolic reason, but because goo is just really yummy okay goodness gracious.

WOULD YOU LIKE SOME BAND SIX CAKE? CALL ME AFTER THE HSC ;) WE CAN EAT IT TOGETHER IN THE BATH. << Cat in the Hat reference. No? At least, that’s how I remember it … maybe that’s coming from some other slightly weirder part of my subconscious (i.e. the weird bit that wasn’t inspired by Dr Seuss). Oh well.  J
Love you like my back-up plan: organiser of post-HSC kids' parties.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment