Sunday, July 10, 2011

A Happy Coincidence

Life is pretty good at the moment (minus piles of homework, study for trials, drama log booking up to my ears and approx. 45 essays that I have to write in the next month or two). The holidays are in full abundance around me, I didn’t get Bruv’s (or muv’s) whooping cough, these winter days have been absolutely gorgeous, and I’m listening to Clare Bowditch and her lovely voice.

Do you know what makes everything infinitesimally better? The fact that tonight at 9pm on SBS the Matildas are playing SWEDEN in the Women’s World Cup. OH MY GOSH what a happy coincidence, is it not? Don’t worry, I am patriotic enough to go for the Matildas, plus I find myself incredibly emotionally vested in their success, and they’re a really good team (better than the Socceroos, don’t shoot, but honestly, the quality of their football is a-a-a-amazing). So I hope that they get through to the semis and hence get further than the men’s team has ever gotten in their World Cup, hence bringing women’s football into the foreground in Australian sport because golly gee it never gets any coverage.

I just said golly gee. Did you like that? J

What else? Had a lovely night with Tersa and Loxie the other night, despite Lox not wearing appropriate footwear (“I thought I was going to be on a boat!”) and complaining the entire time as we practically carried her from Railway Square to a closed High Tea shop on Elizabeth Street, down to the markets in Chinatown, back up to Central, to the yummy cheap Japanese noodle bar near George Street cinema, then all the way to Darling Harbour for ice cream and the beautiful view and finally back to Railway Square to escape the rapidly gross-growing Friday night-life. The best part, however, was when we convinced Lox to buy very fobby slippers (black with pink bows at the back and massive pink sleepy-faces on the top), and she wore them all the way home with her Youth Parliament office attire.

Also infinitely fun? (Let me be Chloe again and write a list.)

       ¥            French-speaking day with Joanne and Shakira at the chocolate shop.
       ¥            Soccer team sleepover on Wednesday night complete with red cordial and a high school movie marathon through the ages – Grease, The Breakfast Club and Bring It On, which was cut off because of the Matildas vs. Norway game YAY FOR WINNING (last time we had a team sleepover we watched the Socceroos get smashed by Germany, so it was a nice change).
       ¥            Taking all my Russia notes to study at the park with a picnic blanket, some brain food (walnuts and bananas) and good studying music.
       ¥            Just chilling with Claudie.
       ¥            HARRY POTTER (complete with marathon) IN TWO DAYS! OH MY GOODNESS! Also, we get to see it before America, so sucked in ‘Sorcerer’s Stone’ people. Pfft. But don’t worry, I won’t give anything away before Friday ... maybe.

Did you see what I did there? Did you see what I did there with the infinity signs and the ‘infinitely fun’ thing? No matter how much I pretend I dislike maths, I will never get over maths jokes.

One last thought on a totally unrelated (and political YAY) topic.

Bob Katter has started his own political party, it’s called the Australian Party. I heard this (of course, while watching Q&A) a while ago and it got me on a long train of thought (not months long but I haven’t been able to post about it until now).  

See, ‘the Australian Party’ is not very imaginative. If I were Bob Katter, I would come up with something much much better.

The Mad Katter’s Tea Party, perhaps?

I am freaking hilarious, no?

How long did that take to come up with?

…An entire shampoo (lather, rinse, repeat) and conditioning?

Wait a second … you were thinking about Bob Katter in the shower? That’s a little weird/awkward/embarrassing.

Oh be quiet anonymous hopefully-existent internet-users. There is nothing going on between me and Bob Katter. Loxie and Bob Katter, on the other hand ... J Now I’ll just sit and wait for her to disagree, because she disagrees with everything just for the sake of it. If I’m lucky she’ll disagree with that too. Louise? I’m waiting for the argument.

Anyway. Right well love you to ¥ and beyond, just as much as my dad-jokes and my lack of whooping cough AND HARRY OH MY GOSH POTTER!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment