Saturday, July 30, 2011

Intellectual Snobbery

This is basically going to be my last blog for a few weeks, because trials are almost here, and I’m a little bit screwed. BUT I’M ALSO RATHER NARCISSISTIC and hence blogging about it. Hey I just realised where that word came from – Narcissus, the really vain man-god (god? Man?) in Greek mythology. Am I right? Has everyone else known that for thousands of years? Awkward.

I want to do well in trials, I really do. This is because Lox and I have decided we are Intellectual Snobs – the more judgmental but infinitesimally cooler version of Nerds. We differ from Nerds because not only are we clever, but we think it is awesome to be so, and we look down on people who aren’t as clever as us. We also dress nicely, and would be disappointed with an ATAR of less than 98 not because we need to get into a university course, but because we don’t want to have a bad ATAR.

Realising that this description makes me sound like an awful, heartless person, be satiated with the thought that I have spontaneously combusted (i.e. cried pathetically for no reason whatsoever, especially when people ask me whether I’m okay) seven times in the past three days, hence showing (I hope) that I am no tinman.

If you don’t get that reference, you are an idiot.

Here’s a nice song that reminds me of road tripping. Isn’t it excellently nostalgic and bittersweet?



Australian rock in the 80s puts our generation to shame. At the moment I can’t get enough of The Triffids, Big Pig, Hunters and Collectors, and Split Enz ... yes, I am fully aware that they’re from New Zealand. Nonetheless, I completely support an 80s music resurgence, I know I’ve said it before but all that’s happened is I’ve gotten Cyndi Lauper into Gauri’s head. J Actually, that’s worth everything.

Love you like the beautiful waste that is my time this year.

x  

No comments:

Post a Comment