Friday, July 1, 2011

The Internet is a STUPID THING

It’s okay! Relax. I’m still alive guys – party at my house? So for those who actually care in the slightest about my well-being/state of aliveness (aka Claudia and Anna who called me up to make sure that I wasn’t, in fact, dead), this is what happened.

Half an hour after the last post, in which I announced that I would post again in half an hour so that you all would know that I was alive, the server crashed. Or something. I got a message which said:

Error 413 – The request made by your client was too large. That is all we know.

Then there was a little cartoon of a broken-down robot.

THANKS A LOT GOOGLE. THANKS A BLOODY LOT. All you know my foot.

I tried commenting on the last post, making a long and sincere apology and reassurance that I was still breathing. It didn’t work. I couldn’t even log in or access my account. If anyone knows what that’s about or how to fix it, I’d appreciate the knowledge. Even my dad (computer genius guy) didn’t know how to fix it (or couldn’t be bothered ... we were watching Toy Story 3 and eating Thai entrees and stir fry at the time).

So after that whole saga is finished, I have some news to tell you guys.

NEWS? Wow, you have no idea how excited we are about that, Claresy.

I know, I know. So I’ll give you a hint. It starts with ‘e’ and it rhymes with “winglish hextension moo”.

Oh my goodness what happened with your English Extension Poo?

Real mature guys. Real mature. I had a brush with death yesterday, you were there, you heard all about it. You ought to be more considerate.

We’re awfully sorry. We love you, Clarey B, to the stars and back. Please, tell us your exciting news.

Oh, I just HANDED MY EXTENSION TWO MAJOR WORK IN YESTERDAY HOMG. Please ignore the ‘homg’, I also stayed up until 3:30 finishing it so I’m quite ... well, hyperactively exhausted. Had a nice long nap in English Advanced though. I also filmed a few bits and pieces for this thing I’m doing to say farewell to our year at our Farewell Breakfast at the end of next term sometime. But it’s not that easy. Why are my girlies so camera shy? I’m all nice, you know, hey guys, want to say something for the video Alex and I are making for the end of the year, and they go ARGH – A CAMERA. Tsk.

Is it because you physically attack them with the video camera, forcing them to present a self-conscious version of themselves to be immortalised forever in the medium of video?

Shut up. They’ll thank me one day ...

Today there was also a grab-as-many-tubs-of-Ben-and-Jerry’s-ice-cream-as-you-can-for-a-gold-coin-donation thing going on at Railway Square, Cindy and Hannie went during lunch and returned with their arms full of ice cream. Unfortunately (ha) it had to be eaten straight away as today is the last day of the term and we can’t leave anything in the freezer over the holidays. So that was deliciousness on a spoon.

Finally, my mum bought me a book called The Big Trip and it’s all about gap years and backpacking around the world etc. It is actually the most exciting thing I have ever seen IN MY LIFE. I am going to travel with Louise (hopefully) at the end of next year, we’re going to see the sights, I’m going to SWEDEN – although it’ll be winter there so I’m thinking that I should postpone that adventure till the middle of the year – and yes I am so excited. If you want tell me where I should go! J I’m very very excited. Life is pretty good atm.

Happy holidays to everyone on holidays. Happy “holidays” to all year twelves on “holidays”, don’t do too much study, I’m sure not going to.

Love you like the feeling of having handed in my extension two major work and knowing I’m not going to be murdered and the first day of holidays and adventuring and free ice cream and other things. (That’s a lot.)

x

No comments:

Post a Comment