Monday, July 18, 2011

The Last First Day of Term ... EVER

The Class of 2011 has had exactly fifty first days of term in our schooling career, and this, my friends, is the last one. EVER.

Just take a moment to soak in the incredible wave of emotions that comes with that statement. A very strong sense of nostalgia, a bunch of stress and guilt concerning our trials in three weeks, and this massive excitement that I just can’t get over. WE’RE SO ALMOST NEARLY DONE, GUYS.

Now all those emotions are out of the way, or at least chilling politely at the back of your mind, let’s move on to some other things.

1.       Yes. I am the worst Harry Potter fan ever. I have not yet written a blog on my feelings on the film. Don’t worry, I will, I promise. And until then, just keep yourself going on the thought that I really, really loved it, and thought it was a very fitting send-off to our most beloved book series. (Not that it will ever end, mind you.)
2.       These next few weeks (probably until week seven next term, so a month and a half or so) are going to be pretty much incredibly stressful, work-filled and scary, judging by how much work I managed to finish during the holidays (not enough). A quick example of this is:
a.      French trial oral this Wednesday.
b.      Hamlet assessment (15%) this Thursday.
c.       Extension English assessment (10%) on Monday.
d.      Drama Group Performance trial Monday night.
e.      Drama Individual Performance trial Tuesday week.
f.        Trials week four and five.
g.      French HSC oral assessment the weekend after trials.
h.      Drama HSC performances the week after trials.
i.        Extension Two major work due the week after trials.
Not a quick example, but nonetheless. That’s my term for you J But after that fun will prevail in the form of binball matches, muck-up day, muck-up assembly, tunic day, our graduation lunch and breakfast, the farewell assembly, the talent quest, and I’m hoping I can pass it with the Superprefects to have a Super Happy Fun Day for the whole school at the end of term. MAYBE. J I will explain all these things later ... aka after the trials. So the point of all that was to say that I probably won’t be updating this quite as often, or quite as detailed, as I have been. Or I will be, and thus failing my HSC. Thanks guys!
3.      Um and then I have a quick Clare-is-an-idiot story to tell you about today. ENJOY (it will not be in the numbered section).

Finished a long hard day of studying at State Library with the gang. Bought a really yummy chai latte from Lindt Café, and still am loving how much of a douche it makes me sound to say that. (Least it wasn’t soy LOL!) Um ... excuse that. I know there’s a delete button! It’s too far away from my pinky on this keyboard though, and I can’t be bothered to move it all the way up there to press it.

Anyway the gang left to catch their spiffy trains from Martin Place and I decided to walk to Town Hall to catch my bus, because I could and I had to drink my chai before I got on the bus. So I get to Town Hall and there’s the pedestrian footpath in front of you know, Woolies and SES and all those shops etc, and every now and then along it are the stairs that go down to the station. So I’m walking along, feeling very grown up with my take away cup of chai and computer and so on and so forth, and I hear a bus coming behind me so I turn around to see what number it is.

The 436! Of course it’s the 436. So I start hurrying to get on it ... unfortunately I forget to turn around and look where I’m going before I do the hurrying, and I fall headfirst down the stairs to Town Hall Station.

OH NO CLARE NOT YOUR BEAUTIFUL FACE! PLEASE TELL US THAT WE ARE SPARED FROM ITS DESTRUCTION DUE TO YOUR GENERAL STUPIDITY.

Well, you are! Because who did I fall on top of but a rather shocked-looking, rather attractive Young Sexy Lawyer Man.

Not the one Chloe saw outside of the Lindt Café. And actually, probably not that attractive, and maybe not even a lawyer (he was just wearing a suit ... but A SUIT NONETHELESS, MAN), but in the end I don’t even care what his profession was because I didn’t kill myself/break my arm and not be able to write in my trial HSC.

I didn’t even mind the large group of people laughing at me, or the kind/embarrassing ones helping me and said Young Sexy Lawyer Man up off the stairs.

Love me for my stupidness like I love you as much as the fact that SCHOOL’S ALMOST OUT ... FOREVER!!! (Unfortunately there are no such things as SuperItalics L)

x

No comments:

Post a Comment