Tuesday, August 9, 2011

If you had a like button, I would click it ;)

What do you reckon? Pick-up line of our generation? I think I’m just going to run around poking people every time they do something awesome and say, “I wasn’t actually poking you, I was pressing your like button.” Actually awkward, that’s an awful thing to do. I retract that statement.

Spent today at Jeds Under the Bed (JUB)’s amazing Opera House-side apartment with her and Lox after our Advanced exam, thank God 2u English is over and done with (just two more units to go yay!) We ate salted caramel macarons from the Lindt Café, then chocolate and fruit nuggets and rip-off Grainwaves at JUB’s apartment and finished it all off with a ten minute visit to her GYM AND POOL, IN HER BUILDING. We were living the life.

Also, JUB has these awesome binoculars and one-way glass, so we also spied on tourists chilling on the Opera House stairs and a bunch of middle-aged office workers playing rugby in the park.

In other news, I have a bone to pick with society in general. Today on the bus I saw this advertisement:



...

The message is clearly that Australian values suggest physical beauty as of the utmost importance, as well as that a woman can’t be beautiful unless she is slender, tanned and wearing a bikini. Nice one, ad company. Do you want me to point out that this is the 21st century or can you read a calendar by yourself? No? FUCK OFF BACK TO THE 1950s CHAUVINISTIC BASTARDS! This ad is actually sickening.

Oh and the final instalment of the story will appear on your screens tomorrow? Mayhaps. I am just too tired right now, and hence am going to bed.
Love you like playing spies from JUB’s amazing apartment. Gluck maths girls for your exam tomorrow!

x

(And yes, I am fully aware that the title of this post really had nothing to do with anything much in it. And no, I don't care in the slightest.)

No comments:

Post a Comment