Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Gone Fishing

See I have this theory, right? It’s called the Gone Fishing Theory of Wibbly-Wobbly Timey-Wimey Stuff. (I love Doctor Who. Its brilliance astounds me continually.)

So basically the theory goes like this. There’s no real good or bad in the world. There’s only there at the right time, or Gone Fishing.

Let’s take a relationship for example. Boy is in love with Girl. Girl is in love with Boy Number Two. Boy despairs because he thought that the good guy was supposed to always get the girl. Girl says, perhaps there is no good guy in this situation. There is only there at the right time (Boy Number Two) or Gone Fishing (Boy).

I think that’s how the world works sometimes. It’s just random occurrences that shape our lives in ways we cannot imagine. I might, for example, have spent my entire youth at Parkes, where the massive telescope is, in the middle of New South Wales. My dad only just missed out on a job there – he was Gone Fishing (not literally). Had he been there at the right time, I would have spent my life with about ten other kids, gone to a tiny school, been a proper country girl. Who knows what I would be like right now?

Another example happened in year six. We had to put in an application to high schools, and I had Fort Street as my first choice. Had I Gone Fishing and not been there to change my choices at literally the last minute (my teacher was about to post off the applications when mum and I went to change it) I would never have gone to Sydney High and met the amazing people I know. Who knows what I would be like right now? (Although I don’t deny that Fort Street is cool and a good school.)

Some people believe in fate, but I believe in luck and mistakes and decisions. You are either there at the right time, or Gone Fishing.

Love you like Matt Smith loves Karen Gillan (he’s in love with her, I can tell).

(Wait bleeeeurgh watch this:                                                                           love is in the air)

X

No comments:

Post a Comment