Monday, May 16, 2011

Poetic Thoughts #4

Okay technically these thoughts are actually a song that I wrote on the bus on my way home tonight, and technically they aren’t actually anywhere near poetic, but I had fun. I was bored, and needing something to do. Lou and I went to Chatime again this afternoon and spent a long time drinking really sweet tea and ‘studying Trotsky’ and eating her Korean potato noodles with chopsticks – and when I say chopsticks, I actually mean straws that we stole from the counter and used as chopsticks, because we’re resourceful and all. I mean, we’re like Man vs. City, and we beat the city every time man.

So yeah, ‘poetry’ that’s actually a song. Imagine the tune from Playschool for ‘There’s a spot over here and a spot over there and a spot on your ear and a spot in your hair …’ if you know that song. J

It’s called To the Boys at the Back of the 436: An Ode

In their hoodies and trackies the boys at the back
Are chewing their gum as they sit in a pack
And they shout and they swear and they cat-call at me
It’s a bus, please don’t cuss you’re not even hotties.

It’s dark out and lonely I’m not in the mood
To be winked at or hit on or share air with some dude
Don’t come close don’t dare boast you’re not even a catch
For my year eight self-defence trust me you’re no match.

So we’ve reached a point now there’s no turning back
Or your lad mates will tease you well that’s simply slack
That’s right your Pig Latin won’t make you more tough
I don’t swear I don’t care won’t you please uck-fay off?

Love you in a similar proportion to the dislike I feel for the lads at the back of my bus.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment