Sunday, May 15, 2011

Oops

I’ve been neglecting you. I know. I wrote this big sarcastic slightly amusing thingo for you but it stuffed up when I tried to publish it and I haven’t gotten around to doing anything since. Hence the ‘oops’. You still love me though, don’t you? Don’t you? Awkward silence .. :S

So what’s new? Today we WON SOCCER! ARGH it’s so exciting – it was 1-0 and Bronte scored and Lara almost scored and Lucy almost scored and it was just sort of brilliant. So now, although I am dying from the pain in my legs (this girl kicked me just where my shin pad wasn’t) (and also I ran a lot and am still unfit), I am incredibubbly. My nose is wrinkled and I’m smiling at you with a massive smile and it’s not very attractive. But I tell you what is?

Sweden’s entry into Eurovision. Kind of yummy, no? Now I’m just going to sit back, watch Sweden win and then see it get all POPULAR. ß Ahaha I’m so funny if you don’t get it then you should watch Eurovision tonight. Yes, that’s right, jump on the Sweden-loving bandwagon you fair-weather friends … but actually do, I need some company over here.

Um on Friday a bunch of things happened – we had a joint civi day/barbecue/soccer game with the boys’ school and raised $4866.05 for UNICEF. So congratulations Tara, you are really and truly and utterly amazing and we all love you bunches. You are going to win some sort of award, I swear. Anyway the theme for the civi day was floral, so I made myself a headdress sort of thing in the shape of a sunflower. Yeah, I received weird looks as people paid for their kebabs, but I think it’s my job to elicit said weird looks. Don’t you think hyperlink?

In the evening we went to watch Louise, Laurin, Una and Sarah debate the boys’ school with the topic ‘That Australia should legalise commercial surrogacy’. We were aff, which was definitely the harder side, and we lost L but we had pompom (singular, as I only had enough crepe paper for one)! Lou was the most hilarious third, opening with “What we’ve heard tonight in this debate is a bunch of boys who don’t know anything about women and probably never even paid attention in PD,” and then later went on to say, “They might have to have sex with their cousins, and that would be just … inconvenient.” Love you Loulou, even if you hate my calling you that.

Tiantian and I also had this dare thing going on that any time one of the debaters said the word 'exploit' we would swap our pants -- if you guys are from Britain, DON'T WORRY it's not that weird, see, in Australia we call trousers 'pants' and pants 'underwear'. Just in case you were incredibly incredibly confused and awkward about that. But it was sad because NO ONE SAID EXPLOIT. There was an 'exploited', an 'exploiting', even an 'exploitation', but apparently no one uses exploit anymore. Kinda good though in a way, our deputy principal was there and an English teacher and it was a really bright room and we were sort of right in the line of view of the boys' table. Although maybe if we had done it we would have distracted them enough to WIN. (Of course I don't condone that sort of exploitation - :P -  of the nature of teenage boys in order to win. Usually it's easy enough to win anyways, this was an exception.)

Other than that I’m not sure what to say. Hope you didn’t miss me too much lovelies. Oh, Doctor Who on Saturday was … mmmm the plot wasn’t the most exciting, I spent most of the time calling it stupid until the bit where they were in the parallel universe that had been in tandem with ours for a bit, that was quite nice. I wish there had been more bits about the feeling like someone was watching them, because as far as I remember it only happened once and it was a pretty big plot device and it would have been a much more exciting reveal had more importance been placed on it early on. What do you guys think? Do you watch Doctor Who? Do you exist or are you only the Silence?

Okay I should go now because I am so tired and need to read a lot. I need to read SO MUCH. I can’t wait until this year is over, seriously.

Love you pretty much as much as WINNING SOCCER!

x

2 comments:

  1. OMG DR WHO. the first 2 episodes were :S
    i think moffat forgot that this is a family show!
    but ep 3 is good! its like the good old dr who. looove the doctors wife <3
    you should watch it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. but WHOOO are YOUUUU? (alice in wonderland) um i spose i agree with you in a way but i think even since 2005 there has been general forgetting that this is a family show like the on in New New York with the cat-doctors THAT WAS SCARY and also the gas-masks one (I never know their names) and also in the past i mean my dad tells stories about how he (clichedly) used to hide behind the couch when he watched doctor who with his brother and sister. i don't know i'm also really not that bothered about the whole is-Amy-preggers subplot. But at the end of the double ep at the beginning with the new baby timelord/regeneration thing that was so exciting argh. ... i think i should stop now, maybe i'll do a post on doctor who obvs i have a lot to talk about. too much? not likely. :) x

    ReplyDelete