Saturday, March 19, 2011

It’s my birthday. Or maybe it’s not by the time this is posted.

This is a race against time. I have nine minutes (eight, technically) to post this within the 19th of March. BUT HEY – I am seventeen what do you know?

Um so I said yesterday that this would be the first of a long line of Sydney’s Student Secrets. So it is. It’s basically where I do things cheap that I don’t know if you know about or not, and then you thank me/have a better life because of it. So here you go.

#1 Feeling Peckish?

So you’re near Broadway Shopping Centre, you need a bit of a sugar hit but you have about twenty cents in your wallet. This, for me, is a common occurrence. So here’s the secret: go up to the Sportsgirl store and grab an item of clothing to try on. Go into the dressing rooms, and in the corner next to the window there is a chair, a stack of magazines and a HUGE BOWL OF LOLLIES. The blue ones are the best (although leave some for me).

If you are a guy and hence don’t feel like grabbing a dress and pretending to try it on, just walk in there, close one of the dressing room curtains and look incredibly bored, like you’re waiting for a particularly fussy friend. Trust me, works every time.

#2 Five Dollar Budget

There is a karaoke place near Hyde Park where, for $5, you can spend an hour singing from the most massive list of songs I have ever seen in my life, in a room that looks like it could be in a brothel (not that I know what that looks like), with a door that isn’t actually soundproof. SO MUCH FUN – best $5 I have ever spent in my life. Actually.

So I have three minutes until it is no longer my birthday L but nonetheless. I am going to post this now. YAY! Anyway I hope that these tips, along with the many that I will bring to you once I have discovered them, help to make your student experience in Sydney just that little bit more enjoyable. If you’re one of my (not actually that many) readers from OVERSEAS 1. CALL ME and 2. Come to Sydney, I give you permission to sleep on my couch and I will take you to the karaoke parlour and Sportsgirl and we will eat lollies and sing Taylor Swift like there is no tomorrow.

Love you bunches and IT’S MY BIRTHDAY! (For one more minute. Technically)
x

No comments:

Post a Comment