Thursday, March 31, 2011

Porridge

The other day on the bus I had the incredible pleasure of standing next to a couple with the most attractive accents in the world – English ones. Oh my goodness it was actually the best half-hour bus drive ever, I just stood there like a normal person and listened to their Englishness. They were talking about cereal, specifically, porridge. And I have got to tell you, there is not an accent in the world that you can say porridge in and have it sound pretty. EXCEPT ENGLISH. It was super-hot, all this talk about porridge and raspberries yurrrrmy. And then the guy said AUGMENTATION, which was a little strange, I think they had stopped talking about porridge, and that was perhaps even lovelier. And then they got off the bus, and I was alone with my thoughts of Big Ben and corgis and Peter Pan.
                                           
Other things? Today my friend Chakkers and I were talking about how disgu-u-u-sting leopard print is, and once I was thinking about it I saw it everywhere. On flats, on skirts, on slippery skin-tight dresses, on bolero jackets and even an UMBRELLA. I won’t stand under your umbrella-ella-ella-eh-eh. It makes my eyes hurt.

Mhmm so now I’m just going to pretend that I live in England and get to listen to English accents for the rest of my life. Look at these gorgeous photos I took today in the place that I live!











And this is just a garbage donkey in Morocco, for fun.

Love you like all of the Lost Boys sitting on a double decker bus in Leicester Square.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment