Friday, April 1, 2011

Rainbow

I’ve got to admit, I feel actually incredibly cool right now. This is a new thing for me, I’m one of those awkward people who make jokes about politics and books and Doctor Who. Also, I am a big user of dad jokes. There are times when I’m in the middle of a conversation, I’ll say something and then follow it up with the old, “I’m sorry, that wasn’t funny at all. I am not a funny person. I should just never speak again.” But right now, I am feeling like the epitome of awesomeness.

Would you like to know why? Of course you would, it goes without saying does it not? The answer is my RAINBOW STRIPY LONG-JOHNS. They’re rainbow. And stripy. And incredibly sexy. I’m still a little tired from being friendly at the NSBHS afternoon tea, which wasn’t as bad as I thought it might be, although a lot of people were a little iffy on its goodness. I guess I just had such low expectations, or something, that I was surprised into appreciation. But it took me almost two hours to get home, and where I live isn’t particularly dangerous or anything but walking along deserted streets in pitch darkness is not really fun. Then I got home, ate some yummy lasagne, and put on my long-johns and a bit of Blondie and now I am perfectly content/attractive.

But do you know how exhausting being a friendly person is? I mean, it’s okay with your friends, I mean it just works, you talk, you laugh, you appreciate. The second you find yourself in a group of people you don’t know, the grin becomes slightly more forced, the conversation more stilted, and you’ll do anything to avoid awkwardness. I’m not saying I don’t like new people or anything, that’s always fun. It’s just tiring is all. J I don’t really mind or anything.  I’m just saying.

Um. Soooo. What’s new with you, internet? Oh dear I am really exhausted. One day, you know, I will post a list of things that annoy me, it’s growing into a really good list, a lot of things annoy me you see. But at the same time I do appreciate everything – especially things with such a great ability to make me want to throttle them.

OH MY GOSH AND FIRST SOCCER GAME THIS WEEKEND J I am really excited. First div, that’s right, I’m pretty epic.

Right well, here’s my head: ____ here’s the ache inside it: _____ so I’m going to go to bed now. Hmm, I am so cool, 9pm on a Friday night.

Oh wow. That's all.


Love you almost as much as rainbow long-johns.

(Oh and pinch and a punch for the first day of the month :D)

No comments:

Post a Comment