Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Big Day

Oh my goodness I am so excited about tomorrow. It’s the Big Day!

Really? What’s tomorrow?

… Um, the wedding?

Yeah? Whose wedding?

What do you mean, whose wedding? The Royal Wedding of course.

Wait which royals? Not Prince Carl Phillip and his stupid bikini model girlfriend? I swear I am going to kill myself if …

No! Kate and Will. Kate Middleton and Will … Prince Will. THE ROYAL WEDDING. OH MY GOD.

~

I need to think of a better way to express an interior dialogue, no? The enter button really isn’t fulfilling my needs at the moment.

Hey, I have a question. What is Prince Will’s last name? I mean … the last name of the royal family in general. I mean, they have to have SOME surname, surely? I’m sure it exists, but I don’t know what it is. Unless Will’s first name is Prince. GAR I have a headache.

I would look up these things but I don’t have the internet now. I’m on the 436 on my way home, avoiding finishing my extension creative. It’s due tomorrow, I have 1000 words to write and I’m going to the Indigo Girls concert tonight which is of course incredibly exciting. And during my double free tomorrow morning I have to go and buy stuff for our special assembly which is full of excitement and surprises, and because they are surprises I can’t exactly tell you what they are or else ruin said surprise. There’s not enough leg room on buses – not enough laptop room, and now my elbows are incredibly close to my body in order to type and not stick my various limbs into the person sitting next to me, sorry person sitting next to me.

So this doesn’t have a real point. I would just like to say how truly infuriated I am (or annoyed, yeah, I’m probably more annoyed than infuriated) concerning the cancellation of the Chaser’s coverage of the Royal Wedding. If you don’t know what the Chaser’s War on Everything is, you need to look it up on YouTube right now (unless you’re also on a bus and lacking earphones). It’s a really brilliant TV show, basically, that was cancelled after a bit of a controversial skit. But they were going to do a special on the Royal Wedding, a satire of it, basically, and they were told that the BBC would not release footage from the wedding to them by order of the royal family because they don’t want a satirical view on it. I mean, freedom of the press, much? I thought this was a democratic society. Oh well, if the Brits wanted to give us another reason to split and become a republic, there’s one. What can I say? We like our Chaser here.

Anyhoo. I’m only fifteen minutes from home now so I should have a quick nap (that’s a bit of a ritual for me, napping on public transport … I always happen to wake up just before my stop, I either just know the route so well that I wake automatically or there’s this speed bump beforehand that does it for me).

RIGHT SO BYE LOVE YOU LIKE I LOVE INTERIOR DIALOGUES J

x

(p.s. I just got home and I'm posting this RIGHT NOW. And I'm eating pesto on crackers. That's right, be jealous. x)

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am on a comment ROLL. He (Prince William) went to university as 'William Windsor'. Whoever came up with it must've thought they were a *expletive* poet. But yeah, technically the royal surname is Mountbatten-Windsor. Don't ask me how I know this. All part of my all knowing bank of gee-kay.
    God, that was lame.

    ps. Yes, I posted and deleted. I misused a word and wanted to cry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to say Windsor! I had a similar 'but what is their last name?' thing a couple years ago and found that out, and was incidentally thinking that last night during the wedding. It's a bit Czar Nicholas II vs. Nicholas Romanov :) weee i feel historically intelligent
    ps. will windsor is a really sexy name.

    ReplyDelete