Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Emily's Preggers. Lulz (with a U)

How many words am I supposed to be writing today? Approx. 6000. Probably more. I should do more than 6000. But I have a feeling that is impossible. Why? BECAUSE I’M TALKING TO YOU. Feel loved. Tell me to actually work. One of the two.

So my problem is this. I’m writing a creative for extension (I have to write two before school goes back on Thursday YAY) and basically I need to get my main character pregnant. That’s a little awkward. I’m really not one to go into the details of becoming impregnated in a story that someone is going to a) actually read and b) mark me on. This is the same teacher who marked my Dr Strangelove essay, she's going to think I'm obsessed with sex. There's simply no pleasant way to describe the bloody awkward fetishisation of war in that film. It was so terrible when we were going over my essay together and she subtly skipped over the examples of the phallic symbolism in the film ... but I noticed. And cringed.

Anyhoo, pregnancy. I have no idea how to introduce it either. Show not tell, right? I can’t exactly go ahead and be all, One day, Emily realised that she was preggers. In 1965, that’s a pretty crappy position to be in, if you aren’t married. Lulz for her.

BLEAURGH. Okay, I’m going to go back to extension. Kill me (softly with his song) please?

Love you like … I don’t know. A bunch of bananas. *Bad mood*

x

No comments:

Post a Comment