Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Extension Two is my life, is my soul, is my doom, is my ineptitude, is my lover, is my EVERYTHING. And then there's every other subject that I do. And you!

Heyo,

I have given up on the writing of 6000 words before tomorrow. Not going to happen. I think I wrote about only 500 last yesterday. Or just yesterday. Head = hurting.

It’s generally downhill from here, when I start to blog. I’ve admitted defeat and hurled myself into the nothingness of internet expression. But I’m kind of excited about my extension two major work, and want to vent, although that word is usually used in a pejorative sense, and there’s nothing negative about this venting. I’ve started collating the stuff and sticking it all together and it’s all brilliance and perhaps less than 2000 words, and my goal was 5000 by the end of the holidays … :P … but if I say so myself, these are really, REALLY good words that I’m super happy with. I’ve got a bunch more poetry to write, a lot of sections (my structure is about the house, and rooms of the house, and being trapped in the house, so each part of the story is confined within the walls of a room and sort of written, although less weirdly and more pretentiously, from the point of view of the walls. BUT NOT. I don’t actually say, “Boy, it’s hard to be a wall and witness all the shit this family has to go through, LOL.” I don’t. Ew yuck, although once I did write a modernist story form the POV of a grandfather clock and it was pretty … okay that one was bad too sorry.

Oh dear anyway. I tell you one thing you shouldn’t do if you haven’t got more than say 4000 words by now, and that’s go on Bored of Studies and read the threads concerning Extension 2. Or ANY SUBJECT if you’re like me and bad at being good. There were posts from January saying things like, “OH NO! I only have 4000 words. What do I do? EEK.”

How about not brag about it on the internet?

… That being said, if you have less than 2000 good words at the moment, I’m sorry if you think I’m being hypocritical. I probably am. But then it is almost May – MAY DAY ARGH SAVE US ALL – so we all should probably be more finished than unfinished.

Right. Ciao. Love you like I love big big word counts.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment