Monday, March 21, 2011

Thanks.

I don’t know if I’m the only one – I’m sure I’m not – but I always have this awkward dilemma at the end of every single email I send, and that is

HOW DO I SIGN OFF?

It’s hard, yeah? I mean, when you email a friend it doesn’t really matter. In fact, I even made this little signature when I was about ten to finish off all my emails – it’s my name with music notes around it, like this:
  Clare 
[Those music notes didn't show up, did they?] Now, although it’s a bit embarrassing, that’s a fine ending if you’re sending an email to a friend. But what about a teacher? So I compiled a little table, because I’m awesome, to show how hard it is to make this decision.


SIGN OFF
DOWNSIDE
Love,
Could possibly result in your teacher being fired. And you being regarded strangely for the rest of your life.
Yours sincerely,
The whole connotation of being owned by anyone is ridiculous (ignore the blog name), and adding the sincerely just puts the bright pink sombrero with sparkly trimmings on top.
See ya,
Whilst this may be true, it is a little casual. TEACHERS ARE NOT YOUR FRIENDS. Plus, your English teacher might kill you for that one. I take that back … I’d kill you for that one. “Ya” is a crime against humanity.
Best wishes,
Decidedly optimistic. This is the teacher you are talking to, after all. Although there is a slight element of satire if you use this phrase – Here is my five-thousand word essay. Enjoy reading and marking it and BEST WISHES.
I look forward to hearing from you,
Mhmm. Feedback on a crappy essay makes my day continuously.
xx
There is the possibility your teacher might think you are a) coming onto them or b) showing the level of poison within the email you have just sent. Depending on how 'down with it' they are. Okay never EVER using that phrase again :S
Thanks,
Finally, the only letter ending I ever feel comfortable using with a teacher. Mark my essay – THANKS! I’ve got a musical item for this week’s assembly – THANKS! I have a feeling you stole my pen from me – THANKS! It works in all situations … unless you actually do have a relationship with your teacher, in which case I would suggest not using emails to proclaim your love for them anyways, or else face the prospect of being torn away from your one true love by the furious force of the law.


In other news I:

Received two lovely bunches of flowers today for my birthday, from Adie and Tiantian and Gauri, and they were both beautiful. Thank you my pretties (Wizard of Oz much) so much for that, carrying flowers around all day makes me feel ridiculously special (albeit uncomfortable – I had to walk home from the shops and it’s quite a long walk and things were falling out of my hands everywhere but I GOT HOME and now the flowers are in this pretty terracotta vase).

Watched Glee (OH MY GOD) finally. And yes, Chloe and a whole bunch of others ruined it for me … I didn’t think Candles was so bad, by the way, whether or not it did lack auto-tuning. BUT OH MY GOODNESS KLAINE. I hope you have watched it … reader. Oh my goodness they’re so gorgeous together, and finally something good happens for Kurt. I swear that poor kid, nothing lovely ever happens to him. So that was nice. And I thought his rendition of Blackbird was pretty (although, yes, auto-tuned). The originals were okay, but a little tacky … you wish you were a loser like me? I see what you’re doing there, Glee. But yes, overall I really enjoyed the episode, Blaine is just the most gorgeous human being, I swear when he was confessing his love to Kurt I just wanted to give him a big hug!

Didn’t end up going to Q and A tonight … but I’m going to watch it now. So buh-bye! Also, when I was waiting for the girls to go do karaoke on Friday night, I compiled a list of things that REALLY REALLY ANNOY ME. :D It’s a pretty good list, if I say so myself. So I may post that one of these days.

Love you long time
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment