Sunday, March 13, 2011

A Memory

So it was the night before a maths exam in year ten and our topic was circle geometry. I, being a generally non-mathematical being but LOVING geometry oh my goodness, wanted to get 100% or more even. But I couldn’t remember any of the rules. There’s about a million.

To fix this dilemma, I used what everyone should use when attempting to remember things: I wrote a song. Each verse had different rules about circle geometry. All I’d have to do in the exam was to sing the song to myself and I’d remember the rules. Yay!

It also had a chorus. I was heaps proud of it because it was very catchy and rhymed pretty well. J

So it’s the day of the exam. Yay! I’m in class, we get our paper and I turn it over. I’m thinking how clever I am because I sang and played the guitar for the song all night and recorded it and listened to it while I slept, brain-washing style. I am also thinking how clever I am because believe it or not, the song is stuck in my head!

And when I say ‘the song’, I mean ‘the chorus’. I failed miserably because the words circling around and around in my head were:

Oh circle, circle geometry
You make me want to get optometry
I’m crying my eyes out in pain
I try to understand but it’s all in vain
It’s times like these I wish I could borrow
Amelia’s brain cause the test’s tomorrow …

I still remember those words to this day.

Love you as much as I would love Amelia’s brain to be transported into my skull for tomorrow and the day after and the day after BUT NOT THE DAY AFTER THAT! Because Thursday, exams are FINISHED FOREVER. J So excited.

(And then I’m going to be seventeen.)

No comments:

Post a Comment