Wednesday, February 2, 2011

FLASHBACK

Tomorrow we are going to year seven camp! Wait! I hear you say. But you are too cool and OLD to be going to year seven camp. Ah, well, you have a point there, but we’s be prefects and we’re going to go do a little skit for the year sevens and play games and just be cool and awesome year twelve kiddiewinks. (Side note – my primary school teacher used to call us kiddiewinks and I don’t know how to spell it and I’ve never been called a kiddiewink or thought or said the word since in any shape or form, that is for five and a bit years and just suddenly I used it then and it when I typed it I thought it in my head and I thought it IN THE VOICE OF MY PRIMARY SCHOOL TEACHER. How strange, the brain.)

So I thought this might be a nice time to do a little FLASHBACK FLASHBACK FLASHBACK to year ten camp, when we revisited the place we went to for year seven camp (yes, that means this will be my third time) and it was rather lovely and I wrote a poem about it because I am just so cool like that. So a poem? I think so. It’s called Crappy Poem, apparently, and the title, although not intentional, is sort of applicable because it’s about a toilet.

Crappy Poem

For the lack of a lock
We all have to knock
When on toilet we worry and blush
And to let people know
That we have to go
We hum and we cough and we flush

Pete Wentz is too short
Dolly magazine taught
Would you rather keeps us up all night
With junk food galore
All our clothes on the floor
Room Five is a bit of a sight

“Decide to have a go”
Let’s play some Uno
The back door has never a lock
Good night Bogan Crew
And all Room Five too
But when entering the toilet
KNOCK

Ohmygoodness wasn’t that amazing? I was inspired by the toilet. (I’m sooo classy.) It had no lock on the door evidently. WHY AM I WEARING HEADPHONES I’M NOT EVEN LISTENING TO MUSIC! And please excuse the dodgy rhythm pattern in the last stanza it sorta sucks. But otherwise it’s a poem with lots of heart maybe and several in-jokes. Or the other way around.

I have a nightie – OH MY GOSH YOU HAVE A NIGHTIE THAT’S SO COOL WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE? – and it’s blue and has a cartoon of a girl dressed up in a bunny rabbit suit on the front carrying a carrot that’s as tall as she is and written around it is funny things like “fresh?” and “need” with a ribbon underneath it, and my personal favourite – “I love you – you love me (?)” And I didn’t add the question mark in the brackets, IT’S ON THE NIGHTIE. Doesn’t that make it infinitesimally cooler? To me it does. Because I put stuff in brackets very often. In fact, brackets are MY BEST FRIENDS. Also, capital letters, because I hate exclamation marks and boycott them and use capital letters instead. But you wouldn’t know that because this is my place to write crappily and hence I use exclamation marks here. I keep forgetting to put the ‘c’ into exclamation. Grr.

One day I’ll take a photo of my nightie and then transfer it from the camera to my computer and then upload it onto my blog and you can revel in its awesomeness. One day. As I'm now actually 'tidying my room'.

I love you – you love me (?)
X

No comments:

Post a Comment