Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Smart School is Stupid

Grr. There is nothing that annoys me more than superfluous handrails. (Okay there are some things. But this is about superfluous handrails.)

During the holidays my school took the bright initiative to install a brand new set of shiny metal handrails on several of the staircases – namely, the ones near the maths rooms. But OH! There already are handrails – lovely old wooden ones, soft and smoothed down after years of use. I have used the old handrails for the past five years and I haven’t fallen down the stairs all that often. They’re fine, goddammit. Please spend the money on air conditioning.

So I hereby announce my BOYCOTTING of these stupid ugly metal cold handrails. I will not touch them. I will reach that little bit further over the top of them to place my hand upon the warm and probably disease-ridden wooden ones. TAKE THAT.

In other news, I went to the dentist today, and despite the lacking of grape or bubble gum-flavoured gloves, I have really good teeth. None of that annoying vacuuming-the-tongue-awkwardly thing for me. No fluoride rinse. No crowns or fillings or braces or anaesthetics or time. My dentist spent about two minutes checking my teeth, and then went to talk to my mum while I had a lovely conversation with his assistant, WHO WAS FROM HUNGARY! (Near Sweden – okay not near Sweden. But it IS in Europe.)

But there’s this brilliant sticker that I always look at when I’m in The Chair – it’s on the lamp thingy – which says “Remember to Breathe”. And I do! It’s brilliant. I also love how when I finish in the dentist we always go to the bakery a few doors up and get a neenish tart. It’s a bit ironic.

Um um is that all? Probably. Had a nice time this morning chilling in the common room and talking about dental experiences. Also – reading Danielle’s belonging story. Oh my goodness it’s brilliant, so clever, so unexpected! I’m jealous. J

Right well BYE from the girl with the good teeth.

(I’m going to upload some photos one of these days. Also, I have this video I took that I might show you if I can work out how to. It’s … sparkly. AND SORRY ABOUT THE TWILIGHT POST. How unfortunate. I only did it because the website is really cool – normally I wouldn’t waste my time talking about Twilight – I prefer to waste my time doing awesome things, LIKE MAKING A HARRY POTTER BAND WITH MY FRIENDSIES. More on our band when we come up with a name, and write some songs, and play some.)

Some more LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment