Sunday, February 20, 2011

It's not going to work *Hermione Granger quote*

I was writing my essay for extension one, which is terrible, by the way, because I don’t really know anything about After the Bomb … BUT ANYWAY I remembered something from a long time ago.

I was in year two and my teacher was mentioning world war two for some reason, and I thought she said world wall two. For practically that entire year I pondered where this world wall was, and whether any part of it was anywhere near Sydney, and if not, it ought to be, seeing as it was a world wall after all.

Some other things I’ve been wondering lately (almost constantly) …

When newsreaders speak off TV, like when they are at home or with friends or something, do they still do their annoying newsreader voice?

How come cockroaches can survive a nuclear holocaust but not a quick spray of Low Irritant Surface Spray – for crawling insects?

Oh and there’s this other thing. The prefects of the Sydney Highs are having a netball match … as well as our annual bin ball match. Too much of a good thing, I’m thinking. The thing is, practically no one on our side of the proverbial fence (although there was once a fence between the schools – people just walked around it though) wants to play netball. It’s totally the boys’ idea. THERE ARE SO MANY REASONS WHY NETBALL WOULD SUCK TO PLAY. Trust me.  Or I’ll tell you them.

1.       NO ONE WANTS TO WATCH NETBALL. It is one of the most boring sports to watch. Unless you know the rules and there’s a really good team playing who play by the rules, but otherwise it sucks.
2.       There are too many rules. And if you don’t know them and don’t play by them, then it is terrible because it just doesn’t work. I’m just going to assume that more than three-quarters of the people who will be playing won’t know the rules, because certainly half of our prefects don’t. WHICH IS FINE. I’m just saying. No rules = more pain. It’s true. You know it. (Hey all of these points have little segues into the next one. Aren’t you proud of me? If only I could do this in my English essays …)
3.      It’s pretty dangerous. After rugby, I think it’s the highest grossing sport for physical injuries (I don’t know why I said physical … but the psychological ones would probably be pretty huge too. Just think of all the emasculation that will occur.) But yeah, for bin ball, all that happens is you peg balls at each other, a safe distance of about five or so metres between you. In netball there’s pushing and shoving and awkwardly landing on ankles. I just don’t think it’s going to work.
4.      Only 14 people can play at a time. And last time I checked, which was on Friday, and I didn’t actually check I just found out by default, but Sydney Boys has 36 prefects. We have 20. That’s 56 prefects and only 14 playing at once. So … what’s going to happen with that?
5.      It’s tradition to play bin ball. But we are still playing bin ball, so I guess that argument’s out. Nonetheless.
6.      Are we going to play on the basketball courts? I know this isn’t a major argument, but still. That’s the best place to stage a charity game thing, and think about it … it’s a basketball court. Backboards and all. So there.


The beautiful prefects. :) Love you guys! 
Anyway, so that’s what I came up with as to why we should not be playing netball. But there we were, eating our banana bread, which was really nice by the way, and everyone said, OH MY GOSH LET’S PLAY NETBALL YAY! Even the people I had spoken to earlier who had said, Ew! Seriously? That’s never going to work. Oh, people.

*Sigh*

*Rant finished*

*Back to extension one*

*Sighing again because that took longer than I had expected*

*Bye*

*Oh gosh wait I mean*

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment